If you are using checkout manager, I'm sure you are aware of today's service interruption at Yahoo! Store. Basically, stores that are using the new Checkout Manager have a major capacity issue where customers either have long waits during checkout, or experience timeouts, error messages or other interruptions. While Yahoo's engineers have been working all day to fix the problem, here is a quick temporary solution you can probably apply to your store, if your store is affected:
- Log into your Store Manager
- Click on "Checkout Manager"
- Click on "Disable Checkout Manager".
- Read the warning and disable it anyway.
- Back in the "Store Manager", click "Publish" under "Order Settings".
- Go to the store editor, hit "Variables", click "Update" and publish the store.
At this point, your store's checkout will be reverted to the "old" checkout, which still works fine. A couple of notes:
- If your store normally takes an unusually long time to publish, you may not want to do any of this. I have some clients whose stores take over 8 hours to publish. In that case, chances are there will be a solution by the time the publish completes.
- If your store is based on the new Version 3.0 editor, then you cannot disable checkout manager (you will not see a Disable Checkout Manager link inside Checkout Manager.) Unfortunately in this case you will just have to wait until the problem is fixed.
- Because Paypal integration is only available in Checkout Manager, switching back to the "old" checkout will also mean that during that time you won't be able to accept Paypal during checkout.
- CVV verification is also not supported by the old checkout.
- If you are using Monitus.net's Google Analytics Connector, it will also not collect conversion information until the Checkout Manager is fixed and you re-enable it. Monitus's tool only works with Checkout Manager.
- Any customizations you may have had in Checkout Manager will be preserved, so once the problem is fixed, you can go back to Checkout Manager and re-enable it.